GEOTHERMY AND URBAN ENVIRONMENT
On Saturday March 4th 2017, ECOCITY in collaboration with the Association of Greek Geologists (AGG), organized a meeting on “GEOTHERMY AND URBAN ENVIRONMENT“. The event was hosted under Verde.Tec. exhibition and took place at MEC conference center, Peania, Greece.
The lecturers had the opportunity to update those participated on the latest advances regarding the use of geothermal energy in industrial and domestic heating/cooling applications. Moreover, several such ongoing projects in Greece were presented.
The meeting mainly focused on familiarizing geoscientists with geothermal energy and it’s use in the urban environment. A detailed reference was made of the potential advantages of geothermal energy applications (decreased use of fossil fuels, reduction in financial costs and in energy spending, improved quality of life in the urban environment).
Participants had the opportunity to discuss:
- Geothermy and geothermal potential of Greece
- Geothermy: Research, Education, Technologies
- legal framework, licensing, funding and investments in geothermal industry
- Environmental impact of geothermal industrial and domestic applications
- Urban use of low temperature geothermal energy
- Urban use of shallow geothermal energy